Hearing Aid Prices
When you book a consultation at Hear Right, you get a no-fee, no-obligation consultation in which you’re told all the information you need to make an informed decision. From assessing your hearing to guiding you towards the right choice of hearing aid for your hearing loss and lifestyle, we provide all the information you need up-front.
Unlike at other centers, at Hear Right, this includes the price of a hearing aid, which you’re told from the onset so that you can then decide whether you want a hearing test or not.
Once you’ve had your test, we’ll let you know if a hearing instrument will help your specific case and can then guide you towards a product that will give you the best results.
What is included in the price of a hearing aid?
Here at Hear Right, we work with bundled prices because there’s much more to having a hearing aid. Like any equipment, hearing instruments need regular maintenance, not to mention that your hearing may change, leading to adjustments being required. As such, when you purchase a hearing aid from us, you also get:
- A complimentary hearing test and hearing health assessment
- A quality hearing instrument programmed to your individual needs
- Instruction on the use and care of your hearing instrument
- 90 day money back guarantee. You may return the hearing aid(s) during this period for a full refund if you are not satisfied*
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty*
- Free ongoing support;
- Follow up evaluations and assessments as needed
- Unlimited cleaning and reprogramming services
- Free replacement in case of loss or damage**
The price of your hearing aid is also likely to cover professional maintenance checkups yearly to keep your hearing aids running smoothly.
*Some conditions apply, see clinic for details.
**Once only during the first 2 years. Some conditions apply, see clinic for details.
What affects the price of a hearing aid?
Though our prices are bundled, you may notice substantial differences, which mainly come down to the level of technology and whether you need one or two hearing aids.
How Hearing Aid technology affects the price of the hearing aids recommended
The technology used in hearing aids is developing at a similar speed to all other technology, which means it’s progressing fast. Also like other types of technology, the more up-to-date it is, the more expensive it is, often resulting in substantial differences between top-of-the-Line hearing aids and more basic ones. The differences between these levels of technology lie in their:
- Noise reduction capacity – ability to remove background noise so you can tune into what you really want to hear.
- Wireless connectivity – allowing you to stream phone calls and music directly into your hearing aid for optimum sound quality.
- Programmability – whether they amplify based on your specific type of hearing loss or uniformly.
- Directional microphones – targeting specific sound sources in front of you, making it easier to hear speech.
- Positioning – is it placed behind your ear or completely in your ear canal?
- Customization – is your aid molded to your ear specifically?
Questions to ask before you purchase a hearing aid
Though the immediate instinct when considering a purchase is to focus on the price, when choosing the right hearing aid, it’s worth considering how much a higher price tag may improve your quality of life. As such, there are a few questions you should ask yourself before you make that final decision:
- Which hearing aids are best suited for my specific hearing loss and lifestyle?
- Do you have a trial period?
- What type of sound amplification meets my needs?
- Would I be more comfortable with an in-ear or external hearing aid?