Widex Hearing Aids
Having operated in the hearing aid market for almost 70 years, Danish brand Widex is known for its innovative designs and advanced technology, which allow for natural, clear sound quality provided through sleek designs.
Suitable for users with mild to severe hearing loss, Widex hearing aids focus on improving listening in noisy environments, allowing users to easily differentiate between background noise and conversation, no matter how challenging the environment. Producers of the “world’s first smart hearing aid,” Widex hearing aids also contain a “Zen” feature to aid with tinnitus, in addition to a smartphone app.
What Types of Hearing Aids Does Widex Offer?
Moulding each hearing aid to the needs of its users, Widex supplies its aids in 4 technology levels, ensuring each user is kept within their comfort zone in every way. Among Widex’s most popular lines, each of which comes in several types, styles, and colours, are:
- The top-of-the-range Widex Moment line
- The Widex Evoke – the “world’s first smart hearing aid,” which learns from users’ listening experiences worldwide
- The more basic Widex Unique line, which provides an incredible range of sounds
- Three Behind-the-ear (BTE) Motion options
- CROS hearing aids for single-sided deafness
Hearing Aids Models Highlights
Widex Moment Sheer
A line less than a year old launched two years after Widex’s Moment platform, Widex’s top-of-the-range line ensures the most cutting-edge technology for the most natural sound experience, boosting user well-being and providing developments for the most challenging listening situations. Various instant ear tips ensure increased comfort, in addition to custom earmoulds, if necessary, all contributing to the most comfortable, seamless hearing aid-wearing experience possible.
Here are some of the key features of the Moment Sheer:
- More parameters have been added to Widex’s AI-powered MySound™ technology, providing more control over what users hear and reducing ‘out of synch’ sounds.
- The easy, intuitive Widex Moment Apple or Android app allows for on-the-spot tuning to emphasize the sounds you want to hear most, in real-time.
- Eliminating delay-based distortion, ZeroDelay™ produces natural sound thanks to the fastest sound processing technology on the market, which Widex calls PureSound – producing sounds exactly where users would expect them to be.
- A unique soothing feature: Widex SoundRelax emits soothing tones based on fractal mathematics to aid with anxiety or tinnitus.
- The most popular model within the Moment Sheer range, the Sheer sRIC, comes with lithium-ion rechargeable batteries that provide a full day of usage on only a 4-hour charge.
Supplied in Widex’s 4 technology levels, the Widex Moment Sheer range has 10 adjustable channels and 3 customizable programs along with a complete set of sound processing functions spanning wind noise suppression and voice amplification, making it perfect for those who often find themselves in noisy environments.
Widex Moment BTE
Widex’s smallest and most discrete behind-the-ear hearing aid, the Widex Moment BTE provides excellent sound quality in a sleek design. Its rechargeable battery providing a runtime of 37 hours, users can be sure to benefit from Widex’s natural sound wherever and whenever they need it most. Customizable options make this aid a flexible solution, with configuration options including a classic hook or thin tubes and covers. Available in a wide range of skin tones and even shocking pink and Mediterranean turquoise, this is the hearing aid for those who enjoy noisy environments and want to enjoy superior speech intelligibility.
Here are some of the key features of the Moment BTE:
- It connects to the Widex Tonelink™ mobile app or DEX device, where users can adjust volume, mute their aid, and control streaming from a mobile device or even a smartwatch.
- Remote adjusting by an audiologist via video call means the aid can be continuously moulded to a user’s changing needs.
- Rechargeable batteries and a slim, simple charger that can go wherever you need to take it. For a deeper clean, the Widex Charge n Clean charger is also available, all without a battery door, offering an extra layer of protection from moisture.
- Advanced water-resistant nano-coating, durable microphones and smart engineering make for resistant hearing aids for all circumstances.
- These functionalities, along with ZeroDelay™ and TruAcousticsTM technology make the Moment range a discreet option for natural hearing.
These are only two of Widex’s advanced hearing aids, packed with the cutting-edge technology necessary to make all the difference. However, for more information on these and their other models, why not book a free hearing appointment so that a trained audiologist can walk you through the options best suited to your needs?
Widex's Innovative Apps and Accessories
Widex Apps to Keep You Connected
The Widex Moment app provides more flexibility and control than ever before. From adjusting volume and a three-band equalizer to locating a lost hearing aid, tips, tutorials, courses and a range of other functionalities, the Moment app stands out for its My Sound feature, allowing custom sound programs to be compiled for selected environments. Available for customization in real-time, the feature even enables the sound profile to be geo-tagged, which means it’s automatically activated the next time the user is in the same locale.
Other Widex apps include:
- The ToneLink app pairs with all Evoke hearing aid models and doesn’t need Bluetooth or assistive listening devices to control key functions.
- The Evoke app pairs exclusively with the Evoke F2 model, using machine learning to improve your sound experience.
- The Remote Care app connects users and hearing professionals for assistance and to fine-tune their hearing aid.
- The COM-DEX app streams sound and allows users to adjust volume, program, and sound.
- The Widex Zen tinnitus management app provides a relaxing sound background.
Widex Accessories for improved Streaming and Control
Widex’s range of accessories ensures users get an even clearer listening experience, providing Bluetooth streaming and a remote microphone – via the COM-DEX system – connection to a TV – via TV-DEX and TV Play – and a remote control to easily monitor hearing aid functions – the RC-DEX. In addition to these three handy accessories is the Widex Sound Assist, which enhances user experience thanks to improved ability to hear speech in noisy environments, Bluetooth connectivity, and the ability to control hearing aid programs and volume, not to mention its telecoil, which could come in handy to users of the compact Moment Sheer sRIC.
What our Hearing Care professionals Say About Widex Hearing Aids
Having worked with Widex hearing aids for many decades, our hearing care professionals are well-versed in the ins and outs of what the brand has to offer. Contact us and check out what our hearing care professionals has to say about the brand.
How To Buy A Widex Hearing Aid
1 - Scheduling an appointment near you
The first step is making an appointment with a qualified hearing care provider. You might not even need a hearing aid yet, but only a professional can confirm that. To make things even easier for you, at Hear Right you have access to over 40 locations, with a clinic near you. You can schedule a cost-free consultation with one of our hearing care professionals online now.
2 - Diagnosing the level of hearing loss
Suppose your hearing test does return a mild, moderate, severe, or profound hearing loss diagnosis. In that case.
3 - Choosing the right hearing aid model
Through this careful and personalized evaluation, after our hearing care professional has helped you test different hearing aids and gradually tuned them to different environments, we are now able to tell you what’s the perfect hearing solution for you: one that fits your needs and your budget.
Widex Hearing Aids: Are they for you?
If you can no longer hear as well as you used to and are ready to get your life back on track, Widex is sure to supply you with the help you need to hear in even the noisiest circumstances. Manufacturing hearing aids for those who seek out superior sound quality thanks to ultra-fast, quiet processing, Widex hearing aids are also some of the smallest on the market, providing comfort and discretion to every user. Tech-savvy wearers will delight in more advanced app and accessory functionalities, while the Zen and SoundRelax features provide increased relaxation at any time.
Ready to dive right back into the world of hearing, delighting in the sounds of the world around you? Then book your hearing test at any Hear Right centre across the country, where our experienced, trained audiologists will arm you with all the information you need.
Get in touch!